Thursday, May 22, 2014

Camp Jesus

Before I get into my main topic, I need to clear up something about one of my poems. Some people have taken my 'Sue Ann Grape' as an accusation of fraud against Nancy Grace. I did not list her name at the top of my poem as I did with the ones which targeted copyright violators of my work, but I can understand the confusion. I doubt that Grace would be guilty of any such crimes. I just pointed out a few amusing things I noticed about her to create a fictitious character.

I mentioned the following in the past. Sometimes I have this dream about being at an outdoor religious convention where each faith competes in a tent building contest. My team built a rather bare bones structure with plain white canvass. The Satanists, however, had a dazzling tent, featuring elaborate, colorful patterns and expert embroidery, which looked like the runaway winner. But when the judge came by to rate our tent, he was able to project the most beautiful image from his own heart, a flattering mural of his dearly departed mother, onto the plain white field. We won. But that Satanist tent still makes me laugh when I think about it. (Did they use this on any TV sketches?)

This, I believe, is what Jesus meant by saying that no one may enter the Kingdom of God except as a child. A child's mind is like a plain white sheet, free and open to receive the glory of God. But human glory, however impressive, presumes perfection and obstructs God's superior hand.

More Statements Scripts Songs

© 2007, 2014. New statements by David Skerkowski. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment